What are you saying goodbye to? For those that lost loved ones during the year, they are glad to see 2019 be over - it has caused too much pain already. Some have had financial loss, while others have said goodbye to their good health.
Perhaps it is time to reframe the question! Perhaps we should focus more on more positive things to say goodbye to! Here are 15 things to say Goodbye to for 2019!
1..Say goodbye to comparing yourself to other people, especially on social media. Instead focus on your own accomplishments – and remember that social media is not always an accurate picture!
2. Say goodbye to buying expensive coffees every day. Instead buy a thermos and start to carry your own coffee with you to save money.
3. Say goodbye to complaining that you don’t meet enough people. Instead actively look for new friends by joining clubs or inviting co-workers out. Get involved!
4. Say goodbye to putting off things that you want to try, like yoga or martial arts. Instead book your first class.
5. Say goodbye to over-scheduling yourself. Instead, realize it is totally fine to turn down plans without feeling guilty – you can’t please everyone, but you can please yourself!
6. Say goodbye to filling all of your free time with social media. Instead look for hobbies that you think you would actually enjoy. There are lots of awesome hobbies out there, from coloring to cooking to jet-skiing.
7. Say goodbye to ignoring people in your life because you are busy. Instead speak to your parents every week, and always reply to your friend’s messages.
8. Say goodbye to feeling guilty about wanting to treat yourself. Instead, enjoy the treat – you deserve it!
9. Say goodbye to complaining about the news and politics. Instead get involved; call your local representative about important issues, attend council meetings and protest if you are unhappy. Get to know them!
10. Say goodbye to excuses for being out of shape. Instead do 10 minutes of exercise every day in your home.
11. Say goodbye to not accepting responsibility for your mistakes. Instead hold yourself accountable for everything you do – including the good things.
12. Say goodbye to just talking about your dream job. Instead write down a 10 year plan that ends in you having your dream job.
13.. Say goodbye to constantly judging other people (especially on social media). Instead throw out the negativity and focus on your own goals and achievements.
14. Say goodbye to being proud of your flaws. Instead of deciding that you will always be short-tempered, work on becoming more calm. It is your choice!
15. Say goodbye to obsessing over bad photos of you. Instead learn to love any picture of yourself where you are happy. Everyone has bad hair days!
I think if you decide to say goodbye to some of these petty things, you will find a brand new 2020 just waiting for you! Embrace 2020!